DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Making devices available on two LANs at once

• oliverm2
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2016 20:11 #1 by oliverm2
Hi

We have a situation where we have two LANs, each with a separate gateway. Our LAN has a Draytek 2860, and the other LAN has some whitelabel ISP supplied router. The other LAN is downstairs, we're upstairs.

The downstairs LAN want to use our MFP and a few other devices so our printer (192.168.8.10) will need to be available on their IP range (192.168.1.x).

I can set up the draytek for multiple lans, but only so far as certain ports on the draytek being on different IP ranges with different DHCP scopes. I want something more. I have port 1 on 18.x and port 2 has been set with an IP on the other range and currently in it's own VLAN.

Can what I need be done with what we have?

Olly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oliverm2
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2016 20:14 #2 by oliverm2
Just thinking it through, what if I attached the other LAN to one of the draytek WAN ports and made 192.168.1.x an 'external' IP? Could I then use address mapping to map the printer (192.168.8.10) to an 'external' IP (192.168.1.25 say) and then have the downstairs people use that IP to access the printer?

Olly

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
16 Dec 2016 14:37 #3 by mbames
Downstairs could plug their internet connection into WAN1 on your 2860 (assuming you using the vdsl port).

set up LAN1 to vlan 1
set up LAN2 to vlan 2 (and link to downstair's switch)
set up LAN2 to vlan 1 & 2. Attach all devices which need to be shared to this

Set up rules that vlan 1 used vdsl connection for internet and vlan 2 uses WAN1 connection