Importing multiple IP addresses-IP objects into Vigor router

• fchef
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
28 Dec 2016 20:22 #1 by fchef
Hello dear friends,
How do you cope with entering multiple ip addresses-objects into Vigor routers? I need to create a firewall rule in Vigor 3900 to allow a list of 150 ip addresses to access my servers for the external monitoring to work. No way I am doing it by adding ip objects one by one.

Many other routers-firewalls allow creating firewall rules with ip addresses separated by comma. For business router like Vigor 3900 something like this should be implemented.
I have sent an email to support asking a feature like this to be implemented, I would appreciate if anyone "more connected" to Draytek could help out a little bit here.
Meanwhile, if you have any other idea of how to enter these 150 ip objects, I will be happy to hear.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2016 10:25 #2 by admin3
I would use telnet/ssh to do this and make the commands with excel/notepad++, that's worked when I've had to do that before.
The commands on this model are:
Code:
enable configure object_setting ip_object add [inf interface] [type type] [sip start_ip] [eip end_ip] [mask mask] .. ip_object add [inf interface] [type type] [sip start_ip] [eip end_ip] [mask mask]

The syntax for the ip_object add command is:

Create IP Object Profile

inf interface IP object attribute (Any/Source/Destination)
type type Address Type (Single/Range/Subnet)
sip start_ip Start IP Address
eip end_ip End IP Address
mask mask Subnet Mask
ProfileName IP Object profile name

For example I can add a single IP object with "ip_object add inf Any type Single sip 192.168.1.10 User1". You can check the
The ".." is to exit the ip object because the CLI goes into the sub menu for the IP object after creating it.

Interestingly, the Vigor 2860 with 3.8.4.x firmware now has the ability to import IP objects through a CSV, it might be worth asking the support team to add a similar feature to the Vigor 3900 series (which uses a different type of firmware from the Vigor 2860's DrayOS)

Forum Administrator

• fchef
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
29 Dec 2016 15:02 #3 by fchef
Thanks, I checked that feature in my 2860.
I will contact Draytek again about this