DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VDSL and 4G Dongle - MultiWAN not working

More
28 Dec 2016 23:39 #1 by mbro0
Hi All,

I have a 2860ac and have successfully added a ZTE823 4G dongle, get the detection and gateway info as WAN3 in the dashboard.

Single LAN IP range - 192.168.1.x
4G Dongle picking up a 192.168.0.x IP and gateway address.

I am trying to route all traffic from a single IP address to go via the 4G dongle, but when I have configured the Load-Balance/Route Policy to show from the specific IP route via WAN3; it doesnt work!

I am relatively new to this, but from what I have read on here and in the guides, there doesnt seem to be any reason this shouldnt work..

Am i missing something obvious please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2016 08:41 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: VDSL and 4G Dongle - MultiWAN not working
If your source IP on the other WAN(s)is set to "Any" you'll have to increase the priority on the policy for your single IP address in order for WAN3 to take preference on that one.

More
29 Dec 2016 09:00 #3 by mbro0
Thanks for the reply, I did that, I changed the priority right up to 1 and still no success.

Having done some reading elsewhere, I am wondering if there is a firewall built in to the modem and NATting also taking place that that could be affecting the connection, though I dont think this would have this effect as the modem should be able to address it both sides.

More
29 Dec 2016 10:07 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: VDSL and 4G Dongle - MultiWAN not working
Presumably you've tried sending all traffic through the dongle, just to make sure that it is working as desired? Do you have it set for "Always On" ?

I'm doing a similar thing with a Netgear Aircard on WAN2. It's main use is as a failover WAN but I can send specific IP's through that if I need to by adjusting the priority.

More
29 Dec 2016 17:01 #5 by mbro0
Yes, tried putting all traffic through it and it didnt work either, which is leading me to think it is an issue with the dongle.

Will carry on looking into it, doesnt seem to be something obvious, which being a noob was my initial concern, from whats been said it doesnt seem I am doing anything obviously wrong. Thanks for the feedback, will update with any progress. :)

Thanks