Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New firmware 3.8.4.1 issues with HA on 2952

• sjltech.uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jan 2017 11:43 #1 by sjltech.uk
Have been beta testing some firmware for the 2952s following a couple of issues I found with HA (hot-standby mode)
Saw that some new firmware had been released thanks to another post here, so applied that to the 2952s, and they now go into a continuous reboot loop.
If "Enable ICMP flood defense" is DISABLED in Firewall >> DoS defense, the routers are quite happy, as soon as that option is ENABLED, once the config has synced, both routers start a continuous reboot cycle.
Problem has been reported back to Draytek (as this was one of the first issues I reported) on a new ticket and I'll update as I get news.
As my 2952s are waiting to go "live", I've backed out to the r61558 beta firmware until this is fixed.
My issue is very specific, 2 x 2952, HA (hot-standby) mode, ICMP Flood Defense checked, so this may not cause others a problem.
Cheers
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2017 12:27 #2 by admin
This makes sense - i.e. the beta f/w you had was to solve your issue, so you need to report back that it works and then they can built that into the next formal release.

Forum Administrator

• sjltech.uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Jan 2017 12:33 #3 by sjltech.uk
Replied by sjltech.uk on topic Re: New firmware 3.8.4.1 issues with HA on 2952
Hi admin,
It's been reported back, I'd just hoped it would've been in time for the new release, but I've heard back from Draytek that the beta has a later revision than the formal release.
Also nagged 'em about the "Force router to use DNS..." option again.
Cheers
Simon