• bigdollop
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
13 Jan 2017 17:01 #1 by bigdollop
Plusnet VDSL setup was created by bigdollop
Hi All first post.

We have a vigor 2860Ln router primary service provider is virgin, have just added plusnet (VDSL) for load balancing and resilience, now when connecting to the dashboard I see green on the DSL & Wan 2 ports. on the interface section it states DSL Connected : Down Stream : 79995Kbps / Up Stream : 19999Kbps but the DSL LED on the dashboard is off when I look at the IPv4 Internet access section I can see WAN1 ADSL / PPPoE Disconnected 00-1D-AA-F0-70-E9 00:00:00

What I'm trying to find out (in as simple terms as possible) I can see I have a DSL connection but WAN1 is not connected, what are the specific settings I need for a plusnet account.

Any help would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2017 22:26 #2 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: Plusnet VDSL setup
I have plusnet VDSL on WAN1 on 2860n. Settings are: -

In WAN >> General Setup:
Code:
DSL Mode: VDSL Only VLAN Tag insertion (VDSL2): Enable Tag value: 101 Priority: 0 Active Mode: Always On

In WAN >> Internet Access:
PPPoE / PPPoA tab
Code:
Enable WAN Connection Detection Mode: ARP MTU: 1492 Service Name: Plusnet (optional) Username: yourusername@plusdsl.net Password: yourpassword

yourusername and yourpassword are the main account username and password you signed up the plusnet account with.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
01 Feb 2017 10:25 #3 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Plusnet VDSL setup
Hi

I was playing with some load Balance prior to some VM coming in, and have PlusNet on my connection. On my second Draytek, a 2925LN, I configured so that both are always on, I think the Load balance settings may have to be ticked, but was experiencing slow DNS changes, causing me outages, which I still need to look into.

I think you need the WAN > General setup > LAN 1 > set to always on > click load balancing, then do the same for LAN 2. Like I said, I was experiencing some DNS issues, but not really looked into this yet. I was balancing to my LTE, but still retaining the plusnet DNS, which was causing me problems. I was going to try with always on, but load balancing not ticked and just force some rules to see what happened.

I'm a bit new to this scene too, hopefully somebody can shed some light.

More
07 Feb 2017 14:21 #4 by eeekie
Replied by eeekie on topic Re: Plusnet VDSL setup
I had...

jedi98 wrote: ...plusnet VDSL on WAN1 on 2[925]n. Settings [were]: -

In WAN >> General Setup:

Code:
DSL Mode: VDSL Only VLAN Tag insertion (VDSL2): [Disable] Tag value: [0] Priority: 0 Active Mode: Always On

In WAN >> Internet Access:
PPPoE / PPPoA tab
Code:
Enable WAN Connection Detection Mode: ARP MTU: 1492 Service Name: [] (optional) Username: [my]username@plusdsl.net Password: [my]password

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
07 Feb 2017 19:28 #5 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: Plusnet VDSL setup
Use always on for both LAN's.

Create route policy to fail over to plusnet when WAN2 Virgin is down. Because the Draytek will not know the status of the connection, I would use ping. If you set the PlusNet connection to on, then you should see the VDSL socket light up on the dashboard. If this does not then it is back to the cable diagnosis time.

Force primary and secondary DNs to 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4 respectively, as this will work on both connections, and not cause a lock of the WAN1's DNS, and make the failover as seemless as possible.

Hope I make sense.