Zabbix templates for 2830 series

• owtanet
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2017 13:44 #1 by owtanet
Zabbix templates for 2830 series was created by owtanet
We have twenty five Draytek 2830's (and 2830n, 2830V2 and 2832's) in different places across the UK, and we monitor them using Zabbix , via SNMP. As I've spent time creating a template for Zabbix I thought I'd share it here to save everyone else some time.
There are two templates, one for a modem that connects via ADSL, and one for modems connecting via WAN2. I've exported these templates from Zabbix 3.2 (I can upload a version form v2.2 if anyone needs that). As there's not a facility to attach files, I'll post them in code tags, and it's up to yoiu to paste them into a file with a .xml extension and then import them into your Zabbix install.
These templates user SNMP v3, with an auth algorithm of SHA, and a priv algorithm of AES. The username, and auth and priv pass-phrases are set as a macro at the host level. {$SNMP_SECNAME} for the USM User, and {$SNMP_AUTH} and {$SNMP_PRIV} for the authentication and privacy passphrases respectively.
Both templates log useful information, and provide graphs. Also, there are triggers to warn you when (eg) a modem has been restarted, or has it's firmware version changed.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. I'll put the templates in the posts below:

**EDIT
I can't add the templates because they're bigger than the maximum allowed post size. If anyone would like a copy, message me and I'll send it to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• willko
  • User
  • User
More
01 Mar 2017 20:12 #2 by willko
Replied by willko on topic Re: Zabbix templates for 2830 series
Hi owtanet,

Sounds like a great idea.. And Zabbix looks really interesting too! I'd not heard of it before. Excellent tip.
I'm interested in the templates but (for the life of me) cannot see how to PM you (or anyone for that matter..?!?)
I've set a "notify me when a reply is posted" flag on this thread... Am I being thick?? Can you PM me?

In any event - cheers for the tip!

• owtanet
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Sep 2017 10:53 #3 by owtanet
Replied by owtanet on topic Re: Zabbix templates for 2830 series
I also can't work out how to get the PM function to work, and I'd not got a reply notification.
So, instead, email me on: tom (at) owta dot net

• willko
  • User
  • User
More
08 Sep 2017 10:44 #4 by willko
Replied by willko on topic Re: Zabbix templates for 2830 series
Thanks very much!!!