• craigaddison
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2017 17:00 #1 by craigaddison
Websense with a Vigor 2860ac was created by craigaddison
Hi,

We have just bought a Forcepoint Websense cloud based filtering solution and I need to push traffic to it from a Draytek 2860ac router.
It needs to be setup like this:-
all http - port 80 > 85.115.52.201:8081
all https - port 443 > 85.115.52.201:8443

Would I do this with a route policy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2017 19:03 #2 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Re: Websense with a Vigor 2860ac
I'm not sure there is an option that will allow you to force an outbound proxy (I stand to be corrected).

I'd be pushing the proxy setting out as a mandatory group policy preference to windows PCs.

• craigaddison
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2017 08:30 #3 by craigaddison
Replied by craigaddison on topic Re: Websense with a Vigor 2860ac
I also believe that to be the case, although I would be only to happy to be corrected!

I am not too worried about the PCs, because like you say you can force the proxy in a couple of different ways. But I am concerned about mobile devices, especially guest ones, as they won't be part of our domain and we won't be able to force GPO's etc..., and the whole web proxy implementation is more for that kind of device on our network.

I am really struggling to believe that this router is unable to forward to a proxy, but I am stuck for ideas.

Thank you for your reply.

More
24 Jan 2017 10:46 #4 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: Websense with a Vigor 2860ac

craigaddison wrote: I also believe that to be the case, although I would be only to happy to be corrected!

I am not too worried about the PCs, because like you say you can force the proxy in a couple of different ways. But I am concerned about mobile devices, especially guest ones, as they won't be part of our domain and we won't be able to force GPO's etc..., and the whole web proxy implementation is more for that kind of device on our network.

I am really struggling to believe that this router is unable to forward to a proxy, but I am stuck for ideas.

Thank you for your reply.

Does Websense offer VPN connectivity? If so you could route traffic via that using a routing policy for guest network users.