DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Received my brand new 2860n

• jojobinksy
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jan 2017 11:43 #1 by jojobinksy
Received my brand new 2860n was created by jojobinksy
Hi, first post here and I'm sorry if this should have gone to a different board...

Received my new router this morning, but it arrived sealed from a company I've never heard of. Do Draytek security seal their own products before shipping out to resellers? The box rattles like heck - it wasn't even shipped in an enclosing box, just the Draytek retail packaging so I'm not overly happy.

My concern is though, I've spent a lot of money on a SECURITY firewall and it was shipped to me not sealed from the manufacturer, but sealed from a company called yay.com (who up until a few moments ago I'd never even heard of and they certainly weren't the company I did business with), instead of a security seal from Draytek.

I'm aware I'm going to sound a little paranoid here but I suppose buying a security firewall puts me a little in that category anyway. I could have easily used the modem/router provided by my business ISP but I opted for something a lot better and a lot more secure!

I'd love to hear other views on this. Have I set the bar too high expecting a SECURITY product to be security sealed directly from the manufacturer? Or is mine a normal experience?

P.S. I did try ringing the Draytek pre sales line but they're not open again till Monday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2017 06:13 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Received my brand new 2860n
Routers normally arrive in a manufacturers box which has a security/warranty seal to show it hasn't been opened. The outer packaging is often just a plastic bag, Amazon sometimes put them in a cardboard box.

As to yay.com , no idea why they fulfilled the order , your query is with the original seller , not DrayTek.

• jojobinksy
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2017 08:00 #3 by jojobinksy
Replied by jojobinksy on topic Re: Received my brand new 2860n
Thanks for the reply Adrian. Yes I realise that my query is with the seller, it's just this is my first Draytek product so I was mainly wondering if I should expect a security seal from Draytek on the retail box.

If Draytek do indeed security seal the retail box, that would make me very suspicious about why one of their products found its way to me with no manufacturer seal.

Im not overly happy about receiving the router in this way, so as it stands it will be returned. If Draytek don't security seal their products, I may choose a different manufacturer.

Thanks again.

More
22 Jan 2017 23:31 #4 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic Re: Received my brand new 2860n
Who did you actually order it from?

More
23 Jan 2017 08:20 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Received my brand new 2860n
DrayTek retail boxes are not sealed.

Who did you order the item from ?

Forum Administrator

More
23 Jan 2017 16:57 #6 by aweaton
Replied by aweaton on topic Re: Received my brand new 2860n
My first Vigor 2860ac had a "yay" security sticker on it. I bought it from Amazon.co.uk marketplace seller NetXL.
Unfortunately it turned out to be faulty and was returned 2 weeks later for a refund.