DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP902 "Unauthorized" after admin password change

• giacecco
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2017 09:21 #1 by giacecco
Hi All,
I own a 2860Vac and a new AP902. I've connected the latter, it automatically popped up in the 2860 admin UI, then I have updated to the latest firmware and changed the admin password, rebooted, and from then on the AP902 shows up in red in Central Management >> AP >> Dashboard and as "Unauthorized" in Central Management >> AP >> Status . I have updated the AP902 password in the 2860, so I can't tell why it would be "unauthorised". Rebooting both devices did not change the picture. What should I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2017 09:20 #2 by admin
I think unauthorised means that although the APM can see the AP900, you haven't actually told APM that it's an authorised/permitted member of your network

Forum Administrator

• giacecco
  • Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2017 15:03 #3 by giacecco
Sorry I took ages to get back to you, I am retrying today.

I have configured the 2860 with the credentials used for admin on the AP902, that is why I've created this thread in the first place. There is no reason for the AP902 to be listed as unauthorised.

I've also noticed that if I reboot the 2860, the AP902 shows up as online for a few seconds, and then it become unauthorised. This does not look like a misconfiguration issue, but more like a bug. What do you think?

• giacecco
  • Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2017 16:35 #4 by giacecco
I have found out what the problem was, it is a bug.

In the AP902, in System Maintenance > Administrator Password, DrayTek does not specify the max possible length for the admin password.

BUT the 2860 fails managing the AP902 if the password is longer than a certain number of characters.

I've tried reducing the password length to 12, and the 2860 could manage the AP902 successfully.