Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Had enough, now cant ping firewall from WAN 3900

• quantiq
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2017 09:39 #1 by quantiq
This box is a pile of old crap, and support are the same.

Now for no reason this morning the Firewall can't be seen externally from the WAN. Can't ping it.

No changes made, no reboots, nothing, just decides today, it's going invisible.

Draytek support are beyond useless, so far I have three email responses, two of which just sent a url to an online guide that does nothing to help, and one (the latest) asks me to try a reboot.

Waiting three days for a response for it to be "Try rebooting" is pathetic. Especally when the last email I sent them explained I've tried rebooting/firmware changes and all other things.

Anyone want to buy a paperweight in the shape of a 3900, as that's all this rubbish is good for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2017 18:48 #2 by mbames
Give you a £1 if you'll cover P&P.

• sjltech.uk
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2017 19:23 #3 by sjltech.uk
I'll offer £100 + postage would be interested in having a play with a 3900

More
27 Jan 2017 15:58 #4 by admin
Other than anger and needing someone to blame, why do you assume it's a router problem?

If you factory reset the router and restore a backup config (from before the issue occurred) does the issue persist? If you replace the router with someone else, is that visible?

Did you try calling your dealer or support, or just email ?

Forum Administrator

More
15 Mar 2017 08:14 #5 by rmnwit
We have a client who has had four 3900s and is still having problems with them after five years! We even had a visit from Draytek to apologise to them.

These were released far to early with not enough testing. We even had the 3900s replaced with new ones and still have issues with ALL firmware releases!

The Time server doesn't keep time so we can't schedule a reboot as it does it in the middle of the day for a random reason. The reason we reboot them is becuase they will just stop responding and drop VPN traffic between them. You can't reboot them as the web interface doesn't respond. This has happend since our client got them and Draytek still don't know why.

We gave up on high Availability years ago and it was our feedback that got them to acknowledge a design flaw and change the way some of it worked.

So admin, please understand that people will get frustrated with £500 pieces of equipment when it stops working and is made worse when you don't get a lot back from the people who support them....and make them!!

More
21 Mar 2017 11:37 #6 by admin
Okay, fair enough...but ranting in the forum, insulting support people who are probably doing their best does not make for a nice environment. I don't think your experiences are typical but if you've had those problems, they of course need to be addressed.

Forum Administrator