Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

vigor 130 + latest firmware = no Sky fibre

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jan 2017 11:06 #1 by mbames
I got the warning/upgrade email from Draytek a few days ago, and having upgraded the firmware in my 2925 to the latest and confirmed things were stable, then I upgraded the 130.

Sadly I've now lost the ability to connect back to the internet (using a vodafone sim into WAN3 on the 2925 currently). The configuration of neither the 2925 or the 130 have changed (least not to my knowledge), so I can only assume the 130 firmware upgrade has done something weird.

Guess I'm going to have to spent a day of tinkering to try and fix it - any ideas greatly appreciated.

The 2925 is showing the remote profile from the 130, so I at least know it has sync on the line and the two units are talking....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jan 2017 11:56 #2 by mbames
Fixed it. Seemed the firmware upset some of the 130s configuration, so I loaded on the rst firmware and reconfigured

1. Connect the 130 to a PC and assign the PC a static address is the 192.168.2.x (don't use 1) range.
2. Connect to 192.168.2.1 (admin/admin)
3. [Internet Access] > [General] change the connection type to VDSL2 (from Auto)
4. [Internet Access] > [MPoA / Static or dynamic IP] and Enable this (turns off PPoA)
5. save/reboot
6. [LAN] > [DHCP] and turned off DHCP
7. save/reboot
8. connected to phone line and WAN1 on the 2925

More
27 Jan 2017 13:13 #3 by apotts
Less luck here.

My 130 is on BT VDSL (plusnet) and is connected to an Asus router. I upgraded from 3.7.4BT to 3.8.0BT and although the 130 syncs nicely, and all the settings are the same, my Asus router will not play ball at all. It just reports "no connection". Go back to 3.7.4 and all works fine. Forwards again to 3.8.0 and nothing.

Back on 3.7.4 now and will wait for someone who knows what they are doing (clearly not me!) to work out what's up.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jan 2017 18:34 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: vigor 130 + latest firmware = no Sky fibre
Look at the Asus GUI > Internet Status > check the Wan IP's.

It should show your ISP address and then 192.168.2.10

• jonathanp
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jan 2017 19:02 #5 by jonathanp
Replied by jonathanp on topic Re: vigor 130 + latest firmware = no Sky fibre
I have the same problem with my 130 and 3.8.0BT; syncs fine but no PPP connection.

I'm using a 130 + EdgeRouter-X which has been fine for several past firmwares. Reverting to 3.7.9.4_BT works fine. I used the '.all' image, but have very little changes from the default configuration. I know the Lan side IP address of the router is OK as I could log into it via the EdgeRouter-X. I haven't had a quiet time to try 3.8.0 again with tcpdump running to see if I can narrow down why it doesn't work.

Jonathan
(My ISP is Aquiss using BT for the VDSL but terminating PPP in their network. I use both IPv4 & v6 with baby Jumbo frames).

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jan 2017 19:16 #6 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: vigor 130 + latest firmware = no Sky fibre

JonathanP wrote: I have the same problem with my 130 and 3.8.0BT; syncs fine but no PPP connection.

I'm using a 130 + EdgeRouter-X which has been fine for several past firmwares. Reverting to 3.7.4 works fine. I used the '.all' image, but have very little changes from the default configuration. I know the Lan side IP address of the router is OK as I could log into it via the EdgeRouter-X. I haven't had a quiet time to try 3.8.0 again with tcpdump running to see if I can narrow down why it doesn't work.

Jonathan
(My ISP is Aquiss using BT for the VDSL but terminating PPP in their network. I use both IPv4 & v6 with baby Jumbo frames).

I am on FTTC with Uno.net IPv4 only (it's BT supplied ) and have the 130 and an Asus RT-AC3200 so my set up is quite close to yours.

I have no connection issues but when I first flashed this firmware the line dropped many times over . I also see the maximum attainable rate has dropped and is often reported as being a lot LOWER than the actual synch rate.

Running the BT Wholesale tester and further diagnostics it is clear the figures shown in the GUI are wrongly reported. I have an IP profile of 76.4 Mbps which can only be attained at a synch of 80/20 which is not what is now being shown in the modem stats.