Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

vigor 130 + latest firmware = no Sky fibre

• jonathanp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Feb 2017 17:28 #13 by jonathanp
Replied by jonathanp on topic Re: vigor 130 + latest firmware = no Sky fibre
I have also now successfully upgraded to 3.8.0_BT but had to do the .rst reset and power cycle to make it work.

jaybea wrote:
There is, however, something wrong with the firmware upgrade process if it requires a factory reset and a power cycle to work. I tried a power cycle after applying the .all file, but that did not work.

Absolutely, this is a really shoddy release by Draytek. I would hope that they update the release notes ASAP and put a warning on the download page - either that or pull this release until they can correctly code the upgrade path!

Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2017 18:42 #14 by admin
It doesn't (normally) require a reset.

Forum Administrator

More
05 Feb 2017 19:43 #15 by eeekie
I once spent a day trying to get a DrayTek router to work in Japan on an ISP with an unusually low MTU. DrayTek PPPoE doesn't follow the correct handshaking convention when negotiating MTU. Every other router I tried, and a PPPoE session launched from macOS, worked fine. The DrayTek just insisted on reasking for a high MTU, even with a low one set in the WAN settings.
They're great bits of kit, especially for the money, but they aren't without game-breaking bugs.

I upgraded my 2925 and 130 to the latest firmware recently, using the .all files on both without issue. This was on Zen broadband. No problems for me.