DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Allow remote management from certain IP ranges. 2860.

• tivoli
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jan 2017 19:05 #1 by tivoli
Hello all

Please can I get some help from you brainy people.
I have a Vigor 2860 and I would like to enable remote management but only from the IP ranges of the Three mobile network.
Now I think it's possible to accomplish this from the Firewall Filter Setup menu but I'm really confused on what to do.

Although I could not find the official IP range of the Three network, I have made a note of the IP of my phone over a number of weeks and they seem to be around 92.40.x.x and 188.29.x.x

Any help much appreciated! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2017 19:11 #2 by lorian
go to system maintenance -> management -> scroll down to "access list from the internet". That's what these fields are for.

HOWEVER please consider a) only doing it over HTTPs or even better still turn off management from the internet, and create yourself a VPN connection. Then when you want to make changes VPN in to your network and then do the changes as a local user on the LAN side of the router.

• tivoli
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jan 2017 19:18 #3 by tivoli
Hi Lorian

Thank you for the speedy response.
You're probably right that I should be VPN'ing in but I've tried to setup VPN on this router and it never works for me, I must be doing something wrong. Is there an idiots guide on configuring OpenVPN on this router.

I've been using remote management over HTTPS but have changed port 443 to an obscure high number port. Security by obfuscation and all that. ;)

More
30 Jan 2017 19:23 #4 by lorian
http://just.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2035&Itemid=293&lang=en

More
31 Jan 2017 10:20 #5 by admin

tivoli wrote: I've been using remote management over HTTPS but have changed port 443 to an obscure high number port. Security by obfuscation and all that. ;)

MMmmmhhhhmmmmm

Forum Administrator

• tivoli
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Jan 2017 10:50 #6 by tivoli

Lorian wrote: [ SPAM - TO BE REMOVED ].draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2035&Itemid=293&lang=en

Hello Lorian. What was your link, it seems to have been removed?