DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Creating Groups Iplayer and Gaming

• trinitydraytek
  • Topic Author
More
08 Feb 2017 15:46 #1 by trinitydraytek
Creating Groups Iplayer and Gaming was created by trinitydraytek
In my house the majority of gaming is via wireless Ap's and the majority of catchup tv is hard wired.

I have two circuits upstairs and downstairs and want to optimise the traffic flow. I have played about with QOS but I dont seem to get the results so what I intend to do is direct gaming traffic to one wan connection and all other to the other wan connection and set up a fail over policy . One thing I also need help with is to create groups where by I can add a client to a group and it inherits the groups features. For example if the group had port forwading on several ports I just add the client to that group and it inherits the port forward rule as opposed to assigning the port forward rule to each client

Is this possible on a 2925? which will be hosting my duel wan internet access points

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sjltech.uk
  • User
  • User
More
11 Feb 2017 01:25 #2 by sjltech.uk
Replied by sjltech.uk on topic Re: Creating Groups Iplayer and Gaming
Hi there,
A possible way of doing this which I know works on 2925:
1 - create a Load balance/route policy to direct traffic in a LAN IP range (see next step) over a particular WAN interface - don't forget to find the FAIL BACK option that lurks at the bottom of the page if you choose fail over ! I've fallen foul of this.
2 - If the majority of traffic you want to go to (say) WAN 1 is coming from the APs, then setup a VLAN with a different network (eg. 192.168.10.x/24) and ensure the APs are using this VLAN
3 - Now, when the gaming devices pickup IP addresses from the APs in the VLAN's range, their traffic should be handled as per the Load balance/route policy you set in 1 above.
4 - You can repeat the steps to create another rule for traffic in the "other" LAN DHCP range

The "Objects Setting" area is where you want to be looking to setup groups etc. but I'm still getting to grips with how to really set that up properly.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Cheers
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.