• dt2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Feb 2017 13:28 #1 by dt2
2860n Firmware Options was created by dt2
Hi folks

There are a number of download options for the 2860n as per the below. I can clearly see that the 3.8.4.3BT is recommended for all 2860s and so why would I want to try any of the others please?

Recommended for All 2860 Models: F/W 3.8.4.3BT (576D17)
•F/W 3.8.4.3 (548006 / non vector)
•F/W 3.8.4.3 (567517 / vector1)
•F/W 3.8.4.3 (574307 / vector2)
•F/W 3.8.4.3 (576D17 / vector3)

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 16:34 #2 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: 2860n Firmware Options
Any one more of these options may not be ideally compatible with the connection that you have to your ISP's equipment.

Your Hardware and Firmware choice has to be compatible with your ISP's Hardware and there Firmware and also the modem codes.

What works for one Draytek owner may not work for another even though they may appear to be connecting to the internet via identical services.

You might have a BT line but you could be connected to for example Virgin or Talktalk for your broadband or fibre.

I would recommend that you download all the available options in advance, install the BT firmware first, if it works great. If it doesn't try disabling Hardware Acceleration. If that worked great. If not then work your way through the firmware options one at a time until you find the one that best suits your connection.

People forget that your router has to communicate with your ISP's router at the other end, both have to be compatible with each other from a hardware point of view and firmware point of view too. The routers modem codes have to be compatible with each other too.

In the same way that end users (Us, we you) have an endless choice of routers to choose from on the market your ISP also have several choices too to choose from. They are not using the same equipment and they have regular firmware upgrades to do as well from time to time.

• dt2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Feb 2017 20:13 #3 by dt2
Replied by dt2 on topic Re: 2860n Firmware Options
Thank you for the quick response.

We have a direct supply from BT. It's Infinity 2.

I shall try the default as suggested which I believe my colleague did but reverted back to an older version as there were some issues. He didn't spot the disable Hardware Acceleration option.

Regards.

• scuzzie2k
  • User
  • User
More
18 Feb 2017 10:51 #4 by scuzzie2k
Replied by scuzzie2k on topic Re: 2860n Firmware Options
soon as I upgrade to any 3.8.4 firmwares I have issues with BT Fibre cannot access the internet at all

More
18 Feb 2017 15:58 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860n Firmware Options
turn OFF hardware accelleration (see release notes)

Forum Administrator