3900 on a Regus Connection

• hisdarkmaterials
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Feb 2017 17:17 #1 by hisdarkmaterials
3900 on a Regus Connection was created by hisdarkmaterials
Hi there. My customer rents an office serviced by Regus. They provide the connectivity to each 'suite' and have allocated a /29 subnet for usage. Typically Regus configure the customer LAN requirements and handover a port on a switch for the EU to patch into and give connectivity to their hosts. My customer wishes to route all traffic out of a IPSEC tunnel so needs a device on the WAN to terminate the tunnel at site. The problem is that the subnet Regus has given out doesn't work with with the 3900 (or a WatchGuard or a Fortigate) but does on a 2860.

This is what Regus has supplied (not the real addressing, just for example purposes):

Subnet 62.121.18.40/29
Network Address = .............: 62.121.18.40
Broadcast Address = ...........: 62.121.18.47
Usable IP Addresses = .........: 6
First Usable IP Address = .....: 62.121.18.41
Last Usable IP Address = ......: 62.121.18.46

So customer gets all the usables and Regus tell them to use .40 for the DG. Everything that I know tells me this won't work and for the 3 firewalls I have tried this is the case. However, because the 2860 works is there a way to get the 3900 to? It certainly lets me set the DG but the WAN never comes up. Add correct addressing to the WAN in a lab and the WAN comes up fine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robing
  • User
  • User
More
02 Mar 2017 15:11 #2 by robing
Replied by robing on topic Re: 3900 on a Regus Connection
Hi,

I'm currently on a Regus connection with a public accessible /29 subnet. Since I wanted to manage the firewall rules/vpn via our Vigor 2830 the Regus network team issued me with two subnets, a x.x.x.128/30 for use on the WAN side of the router ( x.x.x.129 is the Regus switch port and x.x.x.130 for the draytek wan2) and then an additional /29 subnet is routed via the x.x.x.130 address for my own use. I have to say I found the Regus network team a pleasure to work with - they knew their stuff and nothing was too much trouble - Initially I was given a setup like yours with just a /29 subnet so after a quick phone call I sent them a visio diagram of what I was hoping for (nothing explains things better than a picture!) and they configured their cisco gear accordingly.

Hope that helps!
Robin.

• hisdarkmaterials
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Mar 2017 16:39 #3 by hisdarkmaterials
Replied by hisdarkmaterials on topic Re: 3900 on a Regus Connection
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply. I requested the same subnetting at the time I was putting the Fortigate in but the support at this site were just working with a GUI to assign ports for customers. The site in question is in fact a new acquisition for Regus so doesn't have their usual structure which may explain why they can't deliver what I need (at this time).

I'm trying to get an out of band connection in then we can just authenticate a router direct into the customers MPLS rather than dealing with firewalls and VPN's!

Thanks,
Mat