DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Issues with 2860ac constant DSL Line drops 3.8.4.3_BT

• gswhite_uk
  • Topic Author
More
17 Feb 2017 17:16 #1 by gswhite_uk
Hi there looking for some help and assistance please?

I have just replaced a Router from a TP-Link VR900 to the Draytek 2860ac. Loving the router so far apart from one major issue. My Internet since installing the new Draytek is going up and down constantly.

The Internet must reset on the router around 5 - 8 times a day which is a massive pain.

As a test I left my TP-Link connected all day today and not a single drop! Not one.

I replaced the TP-Link with the Draytek and within 15 Minutes of DSL Synchronisation I experienced a drop and resync. So my finger and my money is pointing at this very expensive piece of equipment at the moment.

I need some help please? Could it be the latest version of firmware I am using, or something else? Really need to get this £250 router to work please.

Any help gratefully received :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
17 Feb 2017 17:33 #2 by adrianh54

More
17 Feb 2017 17:43 #3 by jedi98
Summary: If BT version firmware keeps dropping out, try VT1 or request the new vector 5 modem version from support which so far has been very good.

• gswhite_uk
  • Topic Author
More
20 Feb 2017 10:21 #4 by gswhite_uk
Apologies for the delay replying, many thanks for your comments. I will look at the firmware options, and hope that fixes my issue.

• gswhite_uk
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2017 14:34 #5 by gswhite_uk
So just to update everyone. 3 days and no offer of a fix. Draytek support are a complete joke and my Broadband goes up and down around 10 times a day, making it unusable.

I have bought Draytek for years, looks like this one is going back to Amazon for a refund. A Real shame.

More
25 Feb 2017 21:00 #6 by admin

gswhite_uk wrote: Draytek support are a complete joke

A bit rude! I thought you were going to try the different firmware... Did you request it...

Forum Administrator