• tr1pl3d
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Feb 2017 18:06 #1 by tr1pl3d
Vigor 130 ReTxEnable was created by tr1pl3d
Hi there,

Just a quick question, I have two FTTC connection here in the office. One BT drop wire from outside serves both lines.

On one connection, a Zen Internet circuit, I have a modded HG612 connected to this circuit. G.INP is enabled and working fine on that line and I see upload speeds of around 4.5Mbps.

The other connection is a Plusnet circuit using the Vigor 130 with latest firmware 3.8.0_BT. I am only seeing 2Mbps on the upstream on this connection.

Using the 'vdsl status more' command via the CLI on the Vigor 130. I am seeing the following.

Note that it shows ReTxEnabled as being, 1, enabled on the 'Far End'. But 0, disabled for Near End.

Why is this happening? Maybe I dont fully understand what the terms Near End and Far End actually mean. All I know is that the line can support faster speeds on the upstream than what I am currently getting, as confirmed in the following screenshot, note the Attainable upstream figure.

Is there anything I can do about this? This line was installed about 6 months ago, so plenty of time for the line to settle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
23 Feb 2017 05:57 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 ReTxEnable
G.INP (ReTxEnable ) is applied to the upstream which will cause the throughput to drop.

More
26 Feb 2017 07:20 #3 by geoffa48
Replied by geoffa48 on topic Re: Vigor 130 ReTxEnable
Plusnet's standard fibre service is 40 down but only 2mbs up, although you have to dig deep on their website to find it documented! Relevant bit from their T&Cs below:-

† Fibre broadband speed is described as 'up to' because your actual speeds will vary. We'll give you the best speed available on your line, with up to 76Mb download speed and 19Mb upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre Extra, and up to 38Mb download speed and 1.9Mb upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre. This is dependent on your location, phone line, home wiring and time of day. We'll provide you with a speed estimate when you check availability of our products

• tr1pl3d
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Mar 2017 23:56 #4 by tr1pl3d
Replied by tr1pl3d on topic Re: Vigor 130 ReTxEnable
Thanks for letting me know about Plusnet's T&C's!!

Sneaky really!