DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytec 2860N Plus using with Wifi Broadband Amplifiers

• sub101uk
  • Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2017 15:56 #1 by sub101uk
I was wondering if this is normal for Draytec 2860n Plus when using broadband amplifiers . On the rear of the Draytec 2860n Plus there are 3 x aerial sockets , Are all 3 sockets used for transmitting data or is it only aerial 1 + 3 that are used to transmit data ?

The transmission lights on aerial amplifier 1 and 3 lights but nothing on aerial amplifier 2 so are all 3 ports used for transmission or is only ports 1 + 3 used and port 2 is only used for receiving or maybe used for the other band thats at the moment is turned off .

The router is working fine its just that only aerial 1 + 3 seem to have output transmissions and 2 has nothing , So what is the middle aerial port used for ?

Many Thanks

Firmware 3.7.3.3
Yes I have not updated the firmware yet .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2017 08:44 #2 by admin
I'm not sure what a "WiFi broadband amp" is but if it's a WiFi amp, 1. it's likely illegal 2. likely anti-social and 3. pointless if the other station is using a normal rx/tx device..

Forum Administrator

• sub101uk
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2017 11:15 #3 by sub101uk
Many thanks for your feed back I have already received feed back from Draytec and they confirmed my thoughts the middle socket is only used for 5 Ghz and not for 2.5 Ghz so there would be nothing on the transmission light on the amp .

Regards

Brian

More
27 Feb 2017 12:43 #4 by admin
Well, please stop using it anyway.... unless you're on a desert island or something...

Forum Administrator

More
27 Feb 2017 19:34 #5 by clivers
This link might help you
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-wlan-replacing-antennas?highlight=WyJhZXJpYWwiXQ==&return=9203805

• sub101uk
  • Topic Author
More
28 Feb 2017 09:20 #6 by sub101uk
I did not come to this forum for a debate on Wifi broadband amps I came for Tec information , If you must know this Wifi Amp is used on a vessel and as you may expect has steel bulkhead and the standard output just wont crack it . So please in future keeps your remarks to yourself as I am sure the other members are not interested , All I wanted to know is what is aerial socket number 2 ( Middle ) was used for since there was no output on 2.4 Ghz .

But like I said I had feed back from Draytec confirming port 2 aerial socket was used for and they confirmed its for 5 Ghz only so problem solved . Thanks clivers for the information as for my end survey and rov now have internet but getting a feed from the bridge down is not straight forward cable run .

Thanks again