DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820Vn

• pswarman
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2017 15:24 #1 by pswarman
Vigor 2820Vn was created by pswarman
Hi, I'm a communications nerd so apologies if the answer to the following is obvious. Some time ago I bought a 2820Vn for ADSL and subsequently switched to TalkTalk fast broadband and started using their router. Will my 2820Vn work with fast broadband and should I be using it in preference to the TalkTalk router. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2017 15:51 #2 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: Vigor 2820Vn
It looks like the TalkTalk fast broadband product is ADSL2+ up to 17Mbps which should work perfectly ok with a 2820 series router. Should you be using it in preference to the TalkTalk one? Kind of depends if you need the extra facilities on the 2820Vn.

WiFi may be technically higher spec on the TalkTalk super router but in practice this may not affect you. Maybe the question should be: any reason not to give it a go?

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
07 Mar 2017 16:01 #3 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Vigor 2820Vn
I'd use the 2820Vn in preference to the free router TT give you.... that is assuming it works well on your line. Make sure you upgrade to the latest 2820Vn firmware too.

Keep the TT unit as a backup incase you have any issues - always handy to have reconfigured unit in place ready to swap out for early troubleshooting.

• pswarman
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2017 18:03 #4 by pswarman
Replied by pswarman on topic Re: Vigor 2820Vn
Guys, thanks very much for your time and advice. I'll give it a go tomorrow. From memory I did use the extra functionality of the Vigor router so it will be good to put it back in service. Thanks.
Paul