• rpdmallett
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Mar 2017 16:09 #1 by rpdmallett
Annex M issues was created by rpdmallett
Hi,

Recently had an Annex M line put in (Plusnet) but have had a lot of re-syncs during that time. CRC errors are high (with few FECS) and upstream HEC increases regularly, and might be the trigger for the exchange to re-start the line. (I can see LOSS increase by 2 each time.)

The line was on Sky, which showed errors, but no re-syncs.

Just had an OR engineer try to look at the issue, but they aren't equipped to fully test Annex M. He literally knew NOTHING about it - I had to educate him... So all he could test was Annex A and he saw no problem (although it is intermitted / random). He changed the back-box / filter, but that appears to have done nothing.

So I just wanted to check, what is the recommend modem code for Annex M ADSL2+?

I get a decent upstream rate of 1770k (24dB attenuation) when it works - but the line just drops randomly perhaps 1 to 6 times a day. (No pattern.)

Anyone else got Annex M running stably?

Thanks,
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2017 12:15 #2 by mugwump
Replied by mugwump on topic Re: Annex M issues
It probably doesn't make an iota of difference for checking a line whether it be Annex A or Annex M. The checks that will be done will be the same.

It's probably more to do with the fact that because Annex M allows trade off of downstream against upstream the line is more susceptible to resetting on line errors rather than accepting them as your old Sky connection did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.