2860Ln Registration Denied

• arj
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2017 15:36 #1 by arj
2860Ln Registration Denied was created by arj
I'm getting a Registration Denied error trying to connect to Vodafone with a PAYG sim. I believe the APN (smart), username (web) and password (web) are all correct. Does anyone know how I can fix a "Registration Denied" error, what it really means or how I can enable further diagnostics?

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2017 21:43 #2 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: 2860Ln Registration Denied
Registration Denied usually means that the APN is wrong, and I will admit I've never heard of an Vodafone APN call "smart".
Quickest way is to ask Vodafone as it depends on which plan you are on but you could try "pp.vodafone.co.uk" or "internet". You username and password looks correct at "web"

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2017 21:57 #3 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: 2860Ln Registration Denied
Additional options can be found here:

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings

Code:
[b]APN [/b]- internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk) [b]Username [/b]- web (PAYG - wap) [b]Password [/b]- web (PAYG - wap)

• arj
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Mar 2017 16:36 #4 by arj
Replied by arj on topic Re: 2860Ln Registration Denied
Ok, it turns out the APN (smart), username (web) and password (web) were all correct. The problem was Vodafone had blocked the SIM as it had not been used for probably 2 years. Strangely I was able to top-up the sim whilst it was blocked (Vodafone said it is not possible to top-up a blocked SIM, but somehow I managed to do it). Anyway it's working happily now.

Thanks for all your help - Andrew