Combined Port & Tag VLAN issues.

• eveares
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Mar 2017 03:23 #1 by eveares
Combined Port & Tag VLAN issues. was created by eveares
After reading the Draytek VLAN page linked below, I though it would be straight forward in setting my VLANS up on my Draytek Vigor 2860. However I could not get it working right, so had to disable the VLAN feature.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/information/our-technology/vlans

The Picture below is how I had my VLAN set up before I disabled the feature. Had VLAN Tag ID 10 set up on my NAS Box, and VLAN Tag ID 20 set up on my server.

However network traffic would not flow between my NAS, Server, and rest of my network such as my Desktop PC; and I could not access my NAS expect from it's public web interface.

Only my NAS Box and my Rack server support VLAN tagging at present, all other devices have a cheap gigabit unmanaged switch between them and the router. (LAN Port 1/2 Router > Umanaged switches > End Device)

Port 1 = Unmanaged switch <> My Desktop, Upstairs Access Point, Samsung Smart Things Hub, Foscam POE IP cams.
Port 2 = Unmanaged switch <> Kitchen AP, TV Set-top Box, Apple TV, Blu-Ray Player.
Port 3 & 4 = NAS Box with Link Aggregation and Failover
Port 5 & 6 = Windows 2016 Rack Server with Link Aggregation and Failover

Also if I get a Vigor P2261 Switch in the future, Will I be able to limit ports to IP addresses or only to a VLAN ID. (i.e. Switch ports feeding external PoE IP cameras can only accses IP of CCTV server)

Regards: Elliott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
31 Mar 2017 23:11 #2 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: Combined Port & Tag VLAN issues.
I'd suggest turning off the VLAN tagging (VID) as this is over complicating things as all devices in the path need to support it, just use port VLAN.

What are your trying to achieve with the segregation ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.