2 ADSL Lines & 2 Draytek 130 modems

• robumullen
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Apr 2017 19:42 #1 by robumullen
2 ADSL Lines & 2 Draytek 130 modems was created by robumullen
I am trying to figure out how to set up 2 BT ADSL Lines that i use to bond via sharedband, My environment is 2 Vigor 130 & 2 TPlink 1043. Any help on ideal set up would be great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2017 09:05 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2 ADSL Lines & 2 Draytek 130 modems
This sounds like a TP Link question - ask them. V130 normally needs no setup.

Forum Administrator

• robumullen
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 09:29 #3 by robumullen
Replied by robumullen on topic Re: 2 ADSL Lines & 2 Draytek 130 modems
for clarity i just plug the two 130's into each ADSL and and ethernet cable into each of the TP Link and i dont need to do anything re dhcp etc ... they should just work ?? The reason i ask is they are both by default 192.168.2.1 ?? Also I changed them from VDSL2 only to Auto as my lines are ADSL. Could you confirm ?

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 18:00 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: 2 ADSL Lines & 2 Draytek 130 modems
Connect everything as you stated then test to see what happens with the 2nd WAN.

It is the WAN IP that may need changing, that depends on how the router handles dual WAN. Some routers will set the IP, others require you to manually assign an IP.

The people that you are buying the service from , and supply the router should tell you exactly what is required, failing that you need to ask TP Link.

• robumullen
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2017 20:02 #5 by robumullen
Replied by robumullen on topic Re: 2 ADSL Lines & 2 Draytek 130 modems
the way it should work (but for some reason doesnt) is ADSL line 1 goes into Vigor 130 and ethernet goes into TPlink 1043 (the 1043 has the BT credentials), The exact same for 2 should work but doent pass a WAN IP from Vigor 130 to TPlink 1043. It make no sense to me why the second doesnt behave the same as the first ?

simple picture of set-up (for bonding purposes) :-

BT ADSL 1 ---- Vigor 130 ---- TPLink 1043 ---- UnManaged Switch ---- ASUS router
|
BT ADSL 2 ---- Vigor 130 ---- TPLink 1043
|

• gilbad
  • User
  • User
More
04 Apr 2017 00:11 #6 by gilbad
Replied by gilbad on topic Re: 2 ADSL Lines & 2 Draytek 130 modems
Hi,

I would setup both LAN IP addresses of the Vigor 130s to be in different subnets, the shareband router should also be sitting in its own subnet. This should allow you to forward manage them without disconnecting segments.

Teaching you to suck eggs, but vigor130/1 goes into LAN1, vigor130/2 goes into LAN2 - the WAN of the TP-Link becomes the output.

TPLINK Settings -> WAN connection setup (Ethernet 1) : Interface enabled, IP Addressing mode PPPoe, PPP username/password as supplied.
TPLINK Settings -> WAN connection setup (Ethernet 2) : Interface enabled, IP Addressing mode PPPoe, PPP username/password as supplied.

Are both 130s running the same version of firmware and have the correct settings to act as modems not routers? MPoA or PPoE? PPPOE passthrough for wired lan? or bridge mode? Has ADSL been proven on both lines?

Cheers