Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP 902 conflicting with 2860

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2017 12:49 #1 by sheltons
AP 902 conflicting with 2860 was created by sheltons
Hi,
brought an AP 902 to imrove the wireless on the shop floor, so as Universal Repeater.

Both 2860 and AP 902 are plugged into out main switch.
LAN - I turned off the DHCP, Set a Fixed address and enabled relay agent to our SBS DHCP.
I then followed the instructions here: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-wireless-lan-universal-repeater
but I keep getting the 2860 showing an IP conflict to which it lists a Mac address - this is the AP 902's Mac. The strange thing is it comes up as a popup but also shows under WAN1 on the Physical Connection Screen. I tried changing the IP to another one that I know is 100% unused but it keeps happening, and in the DHCP on the SBS I start to see Bad_Address entries appearing.

What have I done wrong - I can't see it.

John.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2017 14:53 #2 by sheltons
Replied by sheltons on topic Re: AP 902 conflicting with 2860
Update:
Only have a problem when it connected to our Lan, when it just has the power pack plugged in it happily acts as a repeater with no ill effects.

When I have a mo. I will try turning of the DHCP Relay option and used Fixed IP only.

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2017 17:19 #3 by sheltons
Oh dear, think I may have found it.

when I put a reservation in the DHCP for the AP902 I picked up the wrong Mac Address - I picked up the 2860's and then with the AP 902 having the same fixed IP as the reservation..... What can you say? At least I have found it. :o :D

• weirdbeardmt
  • User
  • User
More
30 May 2017 11:06 #4 by weirdbeardmt
Replied by weirdbeardmt on topic Re: AP 902 conflicting with 2860
Thanks for this... I've had the same issue and never been able to resolve it. I don't think my issue is same as yours... but will check!

• sheltons
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2017 11:38 #5 by sheltons

weirdbeardmt wrote: Thanks for this... I've had the same issue and never been able to resolve it. I don't think my issue is same as yours... but will check!

Sad to say the issue came back and ruled out my previous error. I've to park this one till a lter date or i'll use it as an AP instead of a repeater.

• weirdbeardmt
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jun 2017 14:18 #6 by weirdbeardmt
Replied by weirdbeardmt on topic Re: AP 902 conflicting with 2860
I've worked around it by using a power line adaptor next to the AP902 and then run it in AP mode. Hardly ideal, but seems to work. Just don't trust the Universal Repeater mode.