• iankerry
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Apr 2017 15:08 #1 by iankerry
setting up 2nd WAN was created by iankerry
Hi All,

after trawling the boards I cant quite find the answer i need.

I have had radio broadband on Wan 1 of my Vigor 2925 for some time and all is well. This is in my office, on the site of my house.

I have had a new BT line fitted into my house, and I want to add this to my vigor on Wan2.

So the BT line works well in the house, and i have a netwrok cable that now goes into my office from the BT router.

I want to put this into Wan2, but I am struggling to get it to work. I was hoping that i could just plug it into Wan2, enable Wan2 and for it to work. but obviously i am missing something...

I have set it up on Static or Dynamic IP - but not sure what the vigor is looking for on the Wan IP network settings.

The BT router gives out the ip addresses.

can anyone give me a pointer? tried the manual but it is all beyond me!

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2017 11:38 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: setting up 2nd WAN
Does the DrayTek router get an IP address from the BT router if you check in [Online Status] > [Physical Connection] ?

Forum Administrator

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
18 Apr 2017 11:40 #3 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: setting up 2nd WAN
ADSL or VDSL?

Set the router into modem mode (if VDSL consider a vigor 130, or HG612) and then let the 29256 handle the authentication side of things.

• iankerry
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Apr 2017 12:05 #4 by iankerry
Replied by iankerry on topic Re: setting up 2nd WAN
we have a server in the office which hands out the IP address, though the draytek is set to 192.168.0.1 on the LAN, and has a fixed ip for the WAN.

Am pretty sure we must be ADSL,

I am not even sure how to put the router into modem mode... sorry...

i was just hoping that i could plug the BT router RJ45 connection into WAN 2 and all would work!

Obviously once i join the bt to the router, i make sure that the bt router gets its ip from the server, it is the WAN>> internet access thing that i think is stumping me.

i currently try "static or dynamic" but i dont know what info it needs, given that the line is already "live" from the details in the BT home hub.

appreciate any thoughts.

ian

More
18 Apr 2017 13:58 #5 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: setting up 2nd WAN
It should work in that way if the DrayTek router gets an IP address on its WAN2 interface from the BT router, however if the DrayTek router's LAN is in the same IP range as the BT router's LAN, that can confuse internet access for clients.
It's best to make sure that the DrayTek router's LAN IP range is different from the WAN IP ranges it uses.

You could also look at connecting the Vigor router directly to the ADSL/VDSL connection:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/vigor-2860-vdsl-setup

Forum Administrator

• iankerry
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Apr 2017 09:06 #6 by iankerry
Replied by iankerry on topic Re: setting up 2nd WAN

admin3 wrote: It should work in that way if the DrayTek router gets an IP address on its WAN2 interface from the BT router, however if the DrayTek router's LAN is in the same IP range as the BT router's LAN, that can confuse internet access for clients.
It's best to make sure that the DrayTek router's LAN IP range is different from the WAN IP ranges it uses.

Ah so the ip range for one router should be 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.100 and the other starting at 101?

anyway i'll give it a go thanks.

You could also look at connecting the Vigor router directly to the ADSL/VDSL connection:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/vigor-2860-vdsl-setup

ok will take a look at this also.

many thanks for responding.

Ian