• syrabane
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2017 22:13 #1 by syrabane
2860ac Virgin Superhub 3 was created by syrabane
Hi everyone,

I'm on Virgin 200mbit gaming package and I have just purchased and installed my new 2860ac router mainly as I need VPN dial in for work but to my amazement my download speed is less than 50mbit over wan2 up speed is fine at 20mbit. I've been searching for an answer to the problem the WAN2 says it has a max through port of 300mbits which I thought would be fine am I missing a trick here? I installed and run 2830's in work but they are all VDSL.

The superhub 3 has synced at the correct speeds the 2860ac is running firmware 3.8.4.4BT any help would be appreciated.

Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2017 01:40 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860ac Virgin Superhub 3

Syrabane wrote: ... my download speed is less than 50mbit over wan2 up speed is fine at 20mbit.
The superhub 3 has synced at the correct speeds the 2860ac is running firmware 3.8.4.4BT any help would

FWIW - I have the 2860n + V.M 150/10 service (still running 3.8.4.3BT, as 3.8.4.4BT breaks the SNMP counters for WAN2) :-

Speedtest results are variable - always > 100Mbs ... occasionally they exceed my 150Mbps theoretical maximum. If only they had the slightest relevance to the real world :wink:

Was your connection capable of > 50Mps before adding the Vigor? And always worth substituting Ethernet cables, checking Network adapters are set to 1Gb, removing any other switches etc (I'm assuming there's no Wifi involved)...

As regards the Vigor itself, I've managed to accidentally slow down my connection in the past, by misconfiguring "Quality of Service" settings. Check under "Bandwidth Management" and ensure everything there is disabled (at least for now).

(Also re: VPN ... if this is Dial-OUT, make sure you're not routing all your traffic via work!)

• syrabane
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2017 05:15 #3 by syrabane
Replied by syrabane on topic Re: 2860ac Virgin Superhub 3
Thanks for the reply Hornbyp...

Without the 2860ac and super hub in router mode I get 215 down and 21.28 up so its 100% the 2860, in modem mode I still get full sync it's a shame I can't get full speed from this router I love draytek.

I have no QOS and disabled the firewall call filter and data filter disabled all the other WANS but 2 all my machines at home are wired bar my notebook all at 1Gbps left me scratching my head I'm 100% sure WAN2 says 300Mbps or where DrayTek telling porkies? I hope this can be fixed as I really don't want to go with some other manufactures routers :(

• syrabane
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2017 09:05 #4 by syrabane

After some messing around I got it up by quite a bit, I did notice that I had to be logged out of the admin panel to get it to go any higher than 80 down and 20 up, I also had random results refreshing pages and playing around with other functions so its all possible. Be handy if I could nail down consistency.

• syrabane
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2017 17:42 #5 by syrabane
Just an update with all 6 ports active with 6 devices just doing normal traffic down to 50Mbps unplug everything just one computer I get 205 down 21.92 up consistently :(

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2017 18:58 #6 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860ac Virgin Superhub 3
You could try plugging the devices in one at a time, to see if one in particular is implicated.

The Vigor "Dashboard" shows the Router's CPU + Memory usage. For comparison, mine currently says 3% CPU and 78% memory.

The "Diagnostics | Data Flow Monitor" might be useful - maybe you have a 'rogue' device making use of your bandwidth?