DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860ac Virgin Superhub 3

More
24 Apr 2017 20:59 #13 by chavly40
Replied by chavly40 on topic Re: 2860ac Virgin Superhub 3
I have a 2860ac and Virgin Media's 200 service and can get over 200Mb/s as long as the following conditions are met (using an ethernet Gb connection):

DoS Defense is OFF
QoS is OFF
H/W Acceleration is ON (Auto)

H/W Acceleration makes the biggest difference, when off I can only get about 130Mb/s.

One of my Speedtest.net results:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• syrabane
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Apr 2017 05:43 #14 by syrabane
Replied by syrabane on topic Re: 2860ac Virgin Superhub 3
I double checked everything you have listed Chavly-40 same settings as yours what firmware you running?

this was from this morning only 2 machines on, all quiet on the data flow monitor I got max speeds, soon as all the computers are on browsing or mobile devices come on the speed just falls away to a point you can only get 50mbit if your lucky and no one is downloading, no crazy connections from a device... And when the superhub 3 is in normal mode doesn't matter what time of the day it is I always get full speed in the morning and the evenings when its busy, and I have a house of 7 using it all at the same time. Plus work on top.

More
25 Apr 2017 16:52 #15 by chavly40
Strange - my download figure I posted was whilst uploading a number of files to Amazon Cloud, as well as 20+ devices connected via ethernet or wifi. Does Data Flow Monitor show any large upload/download usages?

I am running 3.8.4.4._BT firmware.

• syrabane
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Apr 2017 12:39 #16 by syrabane
Quite quiet my daughter was watching youtube last night my wife was on fb on her mobile my son on his xbox I was playing world of warships done a speed test 50mbit down 21.38 up. I removed the router today and put the superhub back into normal mode going to grab some speed tests tonight and see if I have the fall off I have been experiences with the draytek but at least I know the draytek will do it so gotta be an issue else where. :/

More
26 Apr 2017 16:45 #17 by chavly40
Have you tried resetting the Draytek to Factory Defaults (save your current config first), then just config (from scratch - don't load saved config file) the basic MINIMUM on the Draytek to get internet access then test from there on. Might also be worth re-flashing 3.8.4.4_BT firmware (RST version) then minimum config to get internet access. This may highlight possible firmware corruption/config issue.

• syrabane
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Apr 2017 04:43 #18 by syrabane
Well I did a test tonight with superhub 211mbit down 20.89 up everyone was on doing there own things 3 online games being played 1 son on steam other son on xbox 1 my daughter on her pc my youngest son on his laptop my wife was on her mums net stuff and I was playing eve online this was 6pm this evening.

So I switched back to the draytek this morning I have re flashed the router which was a good idea Chavly40 and reconfigured the bare minimum, hardware acceleration is enabled. Switched off all but WAN2 no QoS no call filter no data filter no DoS no configured work vpn's I have my USB drive in to store syslogs Wifi's configured

as of 04:25 this morning I got 211mbit down and 21.66 up will monitor it today.

I have noticed a bug maybe? Data flow monitor does 2/4 refreshes and then disables and I can't re enable it I have to close IE and re login to the draytek and then enable it its annoying. Was happening before I rst flash the firmware as well.