Fewer Restart PLEASE!

• dannymakie
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 May 2017 12:37 #1 by dannymakie
Fewer Restart PLEASE! was created by dannymakie
Any Chance of fewer Restarts, Having to restart the drayteks after minor changes in config gets quite annoying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2017 20:51 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Fewer Restart PLEASE!
You don't always have to restart after each... you can just go back to the main menu and then change more settings and restart later when all can take effect.

Forum Administrator

• owtanet
  • User
  • User
More
27 Oct 2017 09:56 #3 by owtanet
Replied by owtanet on topic Re: Fewer Restart PLEASE!
That's the part I don't understand, if a reboot isn't necessary, why am I prompted to do so every time I make the slightest change to the WAN config?

More
28 Oct 2017 13:22 #4 by destroyer
Replied by destroyer on topic Re: Fewer Restart PLEASE!
I think there's two things here:

-If it prompts you for a restart, generally, there is at least 1 setting on the page that you have just submitted which may need a restart to take effect. Not neccessarily a setting you changed, but one on the same page.
-If you are making multiple changes at once, as per what admin says, just make all the changes by following his instructions, then finally do a restart at the end.

It would be more handy if it could pick up exactly what change you made and suggest if it needs a restart though, I agree with that. For example changing the WAN connection name asks for a restart I think yet clearly such a change doesn't require a restart.