Sky Fibre Set-up

• evoelise
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 May 2017 22:26 #1 by evoelise
Sky Fibre Set-up was created by evoelise
I'm following the guide here http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/sky-mer-setup-guide to set up my Draytek 2860 for Sky Fibre Broadband.

However when I use Wireshark to extract the Vendor Class identifier I only get "MSFT 5.0" instead of the longer string shown in the guide.
And when I extract the Client Identifier I only get "*" instead of the expected user name and password.

Would this be expected?
I note that my Sky router does not look like the picture in the guide - is this the problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2017 11:37 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Sky Fibre Set-up
That DHCP identifier appears to be Microsoft specific so might be from the PC instead of the router.

If the DHCP requests from the Sky router aren't appearing, it might be best to contact the support team for assistance.

Forum Administrator

• evoelise
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 May 2017 16:10 #3 by evoelise
Replied by evoelise on topic Re: Sky Fibre Set-up
I've retried this several times now, even going as far as removing every other cable from the Sky route bar the WANOE cable to my laptop and restarting.

But I'm not getting any DHCP response back from the Sky router.

Yet I can see that it is giving out addresses as the laptop I attached with WireShark got allocated one on the same subnet; 192.168.2.1.

The router is a SagemCom one - there's no model number on it but a quick Google reveals it as a Sagemcom 2504N. I've also checked the firmware is up to date.

When you say "contact the support team for assistance" do you mean Sky or DrayTek - if the former having dealt with Sky broadband support I can just imagine how far that conversation will go, not very far.

More
15 May 2017 16:27 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Sky Fibre Set-up
I meant DrayTek, sorry.

If it's a 2504N, that would be an ADSL connection rather than Fiber/VDSL?
I think Sky only use a standard PPPoA username & password setup with ADSL connections, in which case you could look for a sky password calculator to get the username and password information to enter into the DrayTek router.

Forum Administrator

• evoelise
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 May 2017 19:20 #5 by evoelise
Replied by evoelise on topic Re: Sky Fibre Set-up
It looks like an ADSL modem but when I connected up the DaryTek to the phone line it reports VDSL2.

However although now still not working I have at least got connected to the WAN I think. After a bit of trial and error I found a utility that extracted the Sky Router username and password.

I set the DrayTek WAN settings as follows:

Looks like it connected to the WAN:

So green light on my WAN means I'm connected to Sky.

Green light on my LAN means I'm connected to the LAN switch but for some reason I still can't connect PCs to the internet. I can ping the DrayTek and it is set up as a default Gateway.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
15 May 2017 23:45 #6 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Sky Fibre Set-up
The fact you have a WAN IP address showing 151.x.y.z would imply you are connecting up ok.

Wireshark is used for the SR102 router, but the Sagem one is for ADSL and looks like this one: http://bolee.com/resources/items/img/2012/10/25/10593250641387714092.jpg, for which you can just feed the wifi details into an online generator and it will return your required username and password.

The SR102 which is both ADSL and VDSL capable looks like this: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/attachments/sky-router/4918d1392640485-sky-router-firmware-sky-hub-sr102-rear-.jpg

If you got to Online Status >> Physical connection and scroll to the bottom of the page, what are your profile, up and down speeds?