Sky Fibre Set-up

• evoelise
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 May 2017 23:39 #7 by evoelise
Replied by evoelise on topic Re: Sky Fibre Set-up
Thank for your replay and sorry I've only just had time to look at this again.

I now have it working now but am puzzled to why it wasn't working before.

I had previously got the connection to Sky working and you can see this here:

But none of the PCs would connect to the internet still.

My old router was connected to a firewall appliance on IP X.X.X.9 and the DrayTek is on IP X.X.X.10.

All PCs have the default gateway set up to be both X.X.X.9 and X.X.X.10. But for some reason they just would not switch over to using X.X.X.10, any tracert I did would go via X.X.X.9 and timeout. Even with the old firewall turned off and after renewing/refreshing the PC's IP config several times.

I could only get this working by changing the IP of the DrayTek to IP X.X.X.9.

So it's all working now and I'm happy - just confused as why the PCs did not fall over to the second listed gateway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thecyrus
  • User
  • User
More
31 May 2017 19:34 #8 by thecyrus
Replied by thecyrus on topic Re: Sky Fibre Set-up
Just to give you some help with this...

I have been working with another router comp in order to get them to send the commands to the DSLAM.

At this point in time I have the routers connecting to sky with MER Option 61. No need for option 60

You will need the MAC of the sky stupid hub. Clone it like you would on any router.>>> USE Mac.

Code:
killall udhcpc udhcpc -i brwan -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -c "UserNameIsTheMacAddressOfTheSR102@skydsl|PASSWORD"

brwan may be eth0 or something else depending on the router.

Take note that sky no longer needs option 60 just option 61 (username and password).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.