Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2955 Load Balancing D/U

• benyst
  • Topic Author
More
16 May 2017 12:20 #1 by benyst
Vigor2955 Load Balancing D/U was created by benyst
Hey Guys,

I have inherited a network using a Vigor 2955 within a design agency and am trying to get Load Balancing on it working.

I seem to have the load balancing working between the two WAN connections working as some client machines use WAN1 and others user WAN2 and they do change over time. Great.

My need for the two connections is as follows:

WAN1 = 50Mbps down // 4Mbps up
WAN2 = 16Mbps down // 18-20Mbps up

I would like to utilise WAN1 for Download and WAN2 for upload as a priority.

Obviously, standard load balancing to keep the network stable is useful but I would like to set WAN2 as a preference for Major upload traffic and WAN1 for download.

From my understanding I would need session-based load balancing which the Vigor2955 does not support, is this correct?

IF you could offer any guidance to achieve something as close to the above as possible that would be great!

TIA
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2017 14:02 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor2955 Load Balancing D/U
If you know the type of traffic that will be uploading, then it's possible to set up the router to send those sessions over WAN2 - you would need to make some Load Balance Policy rules with destionation IP addresses / service types of the session types that will be uploading.

For instance, if you wanted FTP traffic to go over WAN2, you could create a load balance rule with a destination IP of the remote FTP server, or you could make a rule with a Service Type of TCP port 21.

Whether a session will be uploading or downloading isn't something the router can determine, it must assign a session to a WAN interface, then traffic can pass across that session, which could be an upload or a download.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.