DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

v2860n - upgrade from 3.8.2.3BT to 3.8.4x BT = problems

• noodledoodle
  • Topic Author
More
22 May 2017 23:32 #1 by noodledoodle
Since October last year, I've been trying to get an upgrade of a 2860n from firmware 3.8.2.3BT to 3.8.4.x BT (first to 384BT, then 3841BT etc etc). In all cases, the following problems have been introduced:

1) the router (also logged to remote remote syslog server) now logs all DNS queries passing through the device whereas it didn't before, and I can't find any setting or reference to turning this off. It's not acceptable to do this. The last support ticket I had on this came back with 'turn off hardware acceleration' - it's off, and it's still logging DNS queries.

2) the router uses our own CA certificate which it happily uploaded, and an SSL cert for the LAN hostname keyed from that CA cert as its only SSL cert (both certs are sha256 signed). On 3.8.2 firmware the web admin interface worked fine with this and could be happily referenced by hostname as well as IP address. With 3.8.4X firmwares, accessing the web interface with https://<ip address> works (just about) happily with Firefox complaining about the hostname not matching - and a browser exception works around that - but web admin pages then load ok. Using https://<hostname> drops the connection immediately with a 'connection reset' error (browsers won't even allow an exception to be created).

Config outline: All traffic comes out of two switches LAN side into two vlanned ports, with port LAN1 on a separate management LAN. No connectivity issues anywhere, and performance seems ok passing through the router. All firmware upgrades have been done as a factory reset/fw upgrade/config (fro 3.8.2 backup) reload.

Anyone else had either of these two symptoms? Anyone have any ideas on resolving the problems?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• florenceanne1
  • User
  • User
More
30 May 2017 09:33 #2 by florenceanne1
I managed to upgrade my 2860n to  3.8.4.4_BT I noticed the hardware acceleration says wuto on mine but when looking at it the wan1 vdsl is enabled yet on you look at the second table it says wan1 vdsl disabled. I noticed that while the tables are identical one below the other the information is different in each. so now sure if it is disabled or on really but haven't found any issues with this so far.

I actually do not use the certificate section so cannot help there as for me since it is not in use it doesn't cause any issues.

I do have the dns cache table set to 50s so anything over 50s is removed so really nothing showing in there. I cannot see any issue with dns log on my system so not sure what is happening to yours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.