Draytek 2860Ln 4G with ADSL Failover

• cheekycharly
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 May 2017 10:24 #1 by cheekycharly
Draytek 2860Ln 4G with ADSL Failover was created by cheekycharly
Hi we have an 2860Ln that runs o2 LTE with around 40% signal which gets us around 10-15Mb's as the primary connection and a 1.5MB ADSL connection as the failover. We keep finding that during the night the Primary LTE connection fails over to the ADSL and once it has connected to this connection it stays on it and doesn’t fail back to the primary when available.

I am not sure what causes it to drop out but I have tried using thresholds and setting it so less than 0.5Mb's and ADSL kicks in and also no threshold so it just fails over if it notices the connection drop. Both ways led me to the same scenario where the ADSL takes the connection and stays on that.

Anyone got any ideas what i can tweak to improve this situation?

Thanks,

CC
:roll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cheekycharly
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jun 2017 10:17 #2 by cheekycharly
Replied by cheekycharly on topic Re: Draytek 2860Ln 4G with ADSL Failover
Ok so I now have an external omnidirectional LTE antenna fitted and have a constant 99% signal all day but we still find it dops the connection maybe once in a day and when it does it fails onto the 1.5MB ADSL and does not fail back to LTE when it is available again. How do I get it to failback onto the LTE?

More
08 Jun 2017 12:10 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek 2860Ln 4G with ADSL Failover
Do you have "load balance" ticked on in the WAN General setup? I found that seemed to give me problems with failover/failback. Also setting either WAN to "failover" in the General Setup didn't seem to work properly. I'm using ARP detect for both WANs, both WANS "always on" and the failover/failback settings set in "Load balance/Route Policy". Works for me.

• weirdbeardmt
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jun 2017 11:02 #4 by weirdbeardmt
Replied by weirdbeardmt on topic Re: Draytek 2860Ln 4G with ADSL Failover
FYI, this article is useful for doing what Piste Basher describes: https://www.draytek.com/en/knowledge/solutions/2016/03/30/load-balance-/-route-policy-(for-vigor2860/vigor2925-series)/