Cant ping from directly attached PC on LAN 2860ac

• rjtt64
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 May 2017 07:29 #1 by rjtt64
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, about twice a day my 2860ac drops the lan and even a directly connected pc cant ping it. I turn it off and on and it works. Any ideas how to fix this I have the latest firmware 3.8.4.4_VT3. I have had logging on and around the time in quesiton I didnt see anything, looked like it hung if Im honest

Any ideas?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2017 22:36 #2 by admin
Is the router crashing? is ACT still flashing on/off ?

Forum Administrator

• markus.schloesser
More
05 Jun 2017 21:55 #3 by markus.schloesser
Replied by markus.schloesser on topic Re: Cant ping from directly attached PC on LAN 2860ac
any DDOS firewall features enabled? I had to disable UDP flood protection a year or so ago, because it kept kicking all devices off the network (checked with wireshark that it messed with DHCP acks)

More
21 Jun 2017 08:47 #4 by xgoldberg
Also seeing this problem a couple of times a day on a 2860ac running the latest 3.8.4.5_BT firmware, and was also happening on the previous firmware version.
My 2860's WAN1 VDSL2 / PPPoE interface is connected to a BT FTTC service, no other WAN interfaces are in use.

Whenever the problem occurs the router's dashboard shows that the WAN interface is disconnected, but after a few minutes it comes up again and all is well.

At all other times the router gives very good, near-theoretical maximum performance, as the BT cabinet is only 100 metres away.