Settings that survive a reset

• daveyt_heaton
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 May 2017 23:35 #1 by daveyt_heaton
Settings that survive a reset was created by daveyt_heaton
I need to send out a ton of Vigor 2860's to various sites. Once they're out there, they're owned and managed by their respective site owners. I need to pre-configure each one before sending with various settings, including things like WAN settings, LAN config, Dynamic DNS, VPN users etc.

I want this configuration to survive factory reset - so that end users can reset them, and they reload with the original configuration. They probably arent technical enough to do anything other than that. The general scenario for needing to do this is when they lose internet access, and we wont have remote management access.

Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2017 06:57 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Settings that survive a reset
Factory reset is exactly that - so what you're asking for is illogical. If you're buying these in bulk (as a factory batch), DrayTek can set a custom factory config as they do that for ISPs but I assume you just need a handful and there's no way to do it yourself.

Forum Administrator

• weirdbeardmt
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jun 2017 16:27 #3 by weirdbeardmt
Replied by weirdbeardmt on topic Re: Settings that survive a reset
The best you'll probably get is to do a copy of the configuration backup and send that with instructions on how to load it.