2860LN - LTE drops and doesn't reconnect

• weirdbeardmt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 May 2017 10:55 #1 by weirdbeardmt
2860LN - LTE drops and doesn't reconnect was created by weirdbeardmt
Have a 2860LN with 4g sim card. All works fine most of the time. Recently though, the LTE connection has been dropping - it seems to be after about 7 hours or so but I have not been able to determine exactly why, although I suspect the mobile carrier is doing it rather than the modem, almost like it's sending a deauth or similar.

Anyway, how can I make the router automatically reconnect? At the moment I just reboot it, and it all comes back up as normal and working again - so it's not like the service has disappeared.

I know I can just schedule the router to reboot etc, but this isn't a very robust solution.

Any reason why it won't automatically reconnect or ways I can make it do it?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• weirdbeardmt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jun 2017 07:57 #2 by weirdbeardmt
Replied by weirdbeardmt on topic Re: 2860LN - LTE drops and doesn't reconnect
Still haven't found a solution to this. I've noticed that the connection dries up after 6 hours.

So far I've just scheduled an auto reboot of the whole router after 6 hours using the schedule setup and reboot.

I don't really like this option given that I have a secondary WAN which doesn't disconnect.

Is there any way to use the scheduler to force a specific WAN (in this case the built in LTE) to go down and then come back up again? (rather than just rebooting the whole router.)

• weirdbeardmt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jun 2017 11:57 #3 by weirdbeardmt
Have contacted Draytek support about this in case they can advise a way.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jul 2017 22:19 #4 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: 2860LN - LTE drops and doesn't reconnect
Use ping for the keep alive on the Google DNs servers.

Who's the provider for the Sim card? If it is Vodafone, then they ahave a strange policy, which I suppose they consider to be there answer to traffic management. I call it the "2" "2" policy. Once every two days, it will renew the public / private CGNAT connection, and for every two gig you use, it does something similar. If you "kane" 2 gig, it will block you for around two minutes. MBB or phone SIm.

• weirdbeardmt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jul 2017 22:24 #5 by weirdbeardmt
It's a local provider. Confirmed with them that it dumps connections after 6 hours.

The reconnect issue though was resolved with a f/w upgrade.

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jul 2017 22:39 #6 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: 2860LN - LTE drops and doesn't reconnect
OK

Thanks for that. I'm running a 2925Ln, and had never had the problem, so guessed the problem would have been what I could have thought of in my last reply.

Thanks