Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Credential changing script

• rudymicro
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2017 13:47 #1 by rudymicro
Credential changing script was created by rudymicro
Hi guys,

We're potentially going to undertake a major project at my work which would involve migrating about 200 customers to a totally different ISP and therefore change credentials and fixed IP. Rather than travel across these customers all around the country or log in remotely the night before and hope the broadband changes over first thing would it be possible to write a script that we could stick on a USB or email to the customer and on opening this would do the change ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2017 06:53 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Credential changing script
Some models, I THINK (not sure) have the facility of a secondary login for exactly this type of thing... Ask support.

Forum Administrator

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jun 2017 15:20 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Credential changing script

RudyMicro wrote: would it be possible to write a script that we could stick on a USB or email to the customer and on opening this would do the change ?

You could use the Telnet interface along with a 'Telnet Scripting Tool', such as: https://web.archive.org/web/19990129004722/http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/fg591543/tst/ . This particular one is ancient, but still functional. The script would contain the Router password, so there is a Security issue to consider.

The script could either make the change directly (you'd have to research the commands involved), or it just upload a new Configuration Backup file (in which case you'd have to create this/these 'up-front').

• rudymicro
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jun 2017 11:15 #4 by rudymicro
Replied by rudymicro on topic Re: Credential changing script

admin wrote: Some models, I THINK (not sure) have the facility of a secondary login for exactly this type of thing... Ask support.

I've just came across the fallbank account section... could this be my saviour??? In all the years i've worked with Drayteks that's me literally just taking note of that box. :lol: :lol:

More
06 Jun 2017 13:10 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Credential changing script
That's it !

Forum Administrator