• jrilton
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2017 23:25 #1 by jrilton
BT IPv6 Draytek 2760 was created by jrilton
Hello

I've tried to get IPv6 on my Draytek 2760 I've tried changing settings in Internet Access WAN 1 with connection type PPP like some have said, others have said DHCPv6-PD I don't have that last one i have DHCPv6 Client. Currently connected via PPPoE, which infinity needs, I've unchecked the Block routing packet from WAN IPv6 box in firewall too.

I can't really work out what else to do, any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2017 11:42 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: BT IPv6 Draytek 2760
Does your dashboard show that you have an IPv6 address on WAN1 ?

Do you have to request Infinity to turn it on for you? (I'm with Zen and IPv6 was enabled on request)

Have you enabled it in the LAN settings?

just some thoughts

• jrilton
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jun 2017 22:28 #3 by jrilton
Replied by jrilton on topic Re: BT IPv6 Draytek 2760
Hi Piste Basher

Yes there is an address there, but it in red says uptime is 00.00 and yes I have enabled it in Lan too, at least I think I have. I actually think it might be a BT issues as i tried the hub 6 and that also said disabled under IPv6. Apparently it should be automatic, but it's known to just disappear and reappear randomly. I spoke to someone at BT and they could not help as as long as I have a connection, that's all they are interested in.

Thanks

• markus.schloesser
More
05 Jun 2017 21:50 #4 by markus.schloesser
Replied by markus.schloesser on topic Re: BT IPv6 Draytek 2760
you should NOT "uncheck the Block routing packet", it opens up your whole network to the outside/internet.
What you should do (after enabling the checkbox again) is "icmp ipv6 allow" (Protocol 58) under Firewall/Filter setup/default data filter , don't have the link handy explaining the details, but it's best practice

• jrilton
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jun 2017 12:47 #5 by jrilton
Replied by jrilton on topic Re: BT IPv6 Draytek 2760
Should I have that checked for IPv4 too? As by default its unchecked, by default the IPv6 is checked, which I have redone.

Not sure how to set up the protocol 58 you reference unfortunately. I did google it but didn't really find the answer.

I still think its BT's flakey network to be honest.