Disable Internet access for wired clients on Vigor 2860

• nobla
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jun 2017 11:26 #1 by nobla
Hi,

Im configuring a Vigor 2860 for a remote site. I want to disable internet access for anyone who plugs in an enthernet cable into the router, can someone suggest how to do this? Also how would I disable DHCP for LAN connections?

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2017 12:02 #2 by piste basher
Are you saying you want to disable internet access for wired clients but not for wireless clients?

As for second part, just disable dhcp in the LAN settings, or are you saying you want that to work for wireless as well?

More
08 Jun 2017 12:06 #3 by admin3
You can disable LAN ports on the router: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-disable-lan-ports

Otherwise, you could set the LAN ports to operate on a different VLAN from the wireless LAN interface and configure a Firewall Filter Rule to block all traffic from the IP range of the LAN port's VLAN.

Forum Administrator

• nobla
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jun 2017 12:12 #4 by nobla
I want one LAN port to work, in case I need to use it to connect to the router but the router is going to be accessible by users that don't work for our company so I don't want anyone plugging in a LAN cable and getting Internet access so I guess I want to diable all LAN ports but one and on that enabled port I don't want people to have internet access.

Ive set up the wireless and only want people to access the Internet that way.

@Piste Basher, yes if I could disable DHCP for the wired clients but NOT wireless clients I think that would do the trick

More
08 Jun 2017 15:57 #5 by piste basher
Put the wireless SSID(s) into VLAN(s) and disable dhcp for those.

Set a firewall rule on the LAN ports to block any access LAN > WAN ?

• nobla
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jun 2017 12:13 #6 by nobla
Thanks for all your help with this