DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

NAT loopback no longer working?

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2017 16:15 #1 by piste basher
NAT loopback no longer working? was created by piste basher
Is it just me or is NAT loopback no longer working on the 2860 with the latest firmwares?

I can no longer access my IP cameras from within the LAN; worked fine before but I'm not sure at which firmware upgrade it stopped working. I've tried 3.8.4.4 and 3.8.4.5, reluctant to go back further what with all the re-boots....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
12 Jun 2017 19:00 #2 by johnpa7
Replied by johnpa7 on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?
I have 2860AC firmware 3.4.4.8_BT. Four cameras and I can still access for example 19.168.0.26. I have disabled the wifi, all cameras are wired connection.

For routine access, mobile devices access is through AP900 and AP910

Main access to the cameras is through BlueIris. External access (BlueIris app) to camera, goes through stunnel for encrypted connection.

Also have Draytek VPN app installed on iPhone. BlueIris remote app successfully connecting through VPN and Stunnel

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jun 2017 09:08 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?
Sorry, but it looks as though you are accessing the cameras via a LAN address? I can do that - what I can no longer do is access their external WAN addresses from inside the LAN.

• johnpa7
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2017 10:48 #4 by johnpa7
Replied by johnpa7 on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?
I have Applications >> LAN DNS / DNS Forwarding setup to workshop.myip.co.uk 192.168.0.25.

Sorry :) for misunderstanding the question, you are correct I only use internal ip address, even when accessing from the wan, via the VPN connection.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2017 11:17 #5 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?

Piste Basher wrote: Is it just me or is NAT loopback no longer working on the 2860 with the latest firmwares?

I can no longer access my IP cameras from within the LAN; worked fine before but I'm not sure at which firmware upgrade it stopped working. I've tried 3.8.4.4 and 3.8.4.5, reluctant to go back further what with all the re-boots....

FWIW - I have a 2860n running 3.8.4.5BT and can still access Web, DNS & SMTP services from the LAN using the WAN IP address. These are the ports defined using "NAT | Open Ports". (I don't use "Port Redirection" or "DMZ Host").

Are you sure your IP cameras are still accessible via the Internet?

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jun 2017 18:32 #6 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?
Yes, I can access them via my phone on 3G/4G.

I have mine defined using NAT - open ports as well.

If I use the "Route Policy - Diagnose" feature it tells me that packets for my cameras are apparently being sent out via WAN2 - "The packet was sent via WAN2 according to the Static route "x.x.x.x/255.255.255.255 WAN2"

This is weird as WAN2 is my failback wifi router connection and I have no static routes of any kind set up as far as I know.

Very odd.