DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

NAT loopback no longer working?

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
13 Jun 2017 20:37 #7 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?

Piste Basher wrote: If I use the "Route Policy - Diagnose" feature it tells me that packets for my cameras are apparently being sent out via WAN2 - "The packet was sent via WAN2 according to the Static route "x.x.x.x/255.255.255.255 WAN2"

I get the same message. WAN2 is my one and only connection. I suppose it's a kind of inherent, static route...

I don't have any Static Routes defined manually, but "Diagnostics | Routing Table" lists quite a few that the Router has defined by itself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jun 2017 09:14 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?
OK this is weird. I'm using the "Multi NAT" feature with my external IP addresses set in the "WAN IP ALIAS" box.

If WAN 2 is enabled the routing table shows that all of those external IP addresses are "static routed" through WAN 2, even though WAN1 is my main connection. In that condition I cannot access the cameras via their external addresses - maybe because my "open ports" dialogue says that the interface for them is WAN1 ? Why they should be routed through WAN2 I have no idea.

I can get WAN2 to "drop" simply by moving the wifi router to which it is connected out of range of the 2860. When that happens the static routes disappear from the routing table and I can access the cameras on their external IPs !

I think a line to support is called for....

• piste basher
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jun 2017 15:49 #9 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: NAT loopback no longer working?
Support have provided me with an RC firmware which appears to have resolved the issue.