Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VLAN Tagging

• zalchor
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jun 2017 08:58 #1 by zalchor
VLAN Tagging was created by zalchor
Hi,

I've just received my Draytek 2860 however I seem to have misunderstood the VLAN capabilities. I was expecting to be able to create a LAN profile, assign a VLAN ID and then link these to various ports - pretty much the same as an access port on a Cisco switch. Essentially my goal is to configure multiple VLANs, allocate them to ports and then have a single trunk port linking to rest of my network with carrying the various VLANs created.

I think from the current feature set I'm looking to do port based VLAN configuration but having the ability to assign the VLAN ID? The screenshots from the 2960 imply this is possible but are these features missing from the 2860? https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18923&p=78410&hilit=vlan#p78424

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2017 17:05 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: VLAN Tagging
You want tagged VLANs and port-based VLANs, right? Your description isn't that clear but my best guess is that what you want is possible.

Forum Administrator

• silverstreak_2006
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jul 2017 22:05 #3 by silverstreak_2006
Replied by silverstreak_2006 on topic Re: VLAN Tagging
I have just put a request into support for this. I will let you know any outcomes I receive.

My situation is that I want to tag a second SSID on a third party Access point, and have access to the port as well. I can do this, but the clients are firewalled from each other when you try and force this on the same Lan.

I am trying to avoind using another subnet, but may have to do this and inter-route the two together. Roll on support reply.

Regards