2860 QOS Inbound Bandwidth limit

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jun 2017 22:38 #1 by hornbyp
2860 QOS Inbound Bandwidth limit was created by hornbyp
I have a 2860n, running 3.8.4.5_BT and have just discovered that the "Quality of Service | WAN Inbound Bandwidth" can only be set to a maximum of 200 Mbps.

Is this dependent on some other parameter, or is it hardcoded?

If it's hardcoded, what would be the rationale, given that the Router is capable of higher download speeds than this?

(Q.O.S. disabled)

(I've just received an unexpected, unannounced 'speed-boost', but didn't know anything about it, because my QOS settings were set to 150/10 :roll: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jun 2017 03:01 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860 QOS Inbound Bandwidth limit
A few more experiments reveal this to be a straight-forward bug.

As is often the case (sadly), there are discrepancies between the Web GUI and the Telnet interface. I can set the WAN 2 Inbound Bandwith to 230 Mpbs or 330 Mbps or any other number come to that, using the Telnet "QOS setup" command. I can see the value I've set in the WEB GUI (though if I try and change it there, it won't let me exit, until the value is reduced to 200 Mbps.)

Setting the Bandwidth to 230 Mbps,330 Mbps or 430 Mbps all give Speedtest results of (very close to) 130 Mbps!

Also

Enabling OUTBOUND only QOS (even set to some massive value) appears to reduce INBOUND transfer speed to approximately 150 Mbps :roll:

I've reported this nonsense to Draytek: "DQ941956 / Error enabling and using Q.o.S at high WAN speeds."

• hornbyp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Sep 2018 12:36 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic FIXED
Finally fixed in V3.8.9.3