DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT infinity fibre to the home - Vigor 2860ac

More
28 Jun 2017 10:43 #7 by aweaton

ReedAV wrote: Sorry for the confusion. I was deliriously sleep deprived when I wrote it.

Coming into the property is a fibre cable which goes into a BT modem of such which also does the phone lines etc. (I'll try and get a picture when I'm back on site) it's a new build property and aparently this is how bt do it now.

I just wanted to know if I had the settings correct.

I expect you probably have the Huawei ONT as shown here along with the backup battery.
Now I don't know the setting you need for sure but I would imagine you'll want PPPoE on WAN2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2017 11:43 #8 by mapperly
Hoping not to hijack this thread in any way. I have been using a 2860Vac for some time on ADSL. Similarly to the original question here, I have now upgraded to FTTP. So I'm now running a Cat7 cable from the 2860 (Wan2) to the ONT. Connection is fine as per earlier answers but it does seem to take a while (almost a week) to wind itseld up to decent speed. My question is; Is it better just to leave the ADSL (not now connected) active on the 2860 or deactivate it. I notice if I interrogate the 28600 the disconnected ADSL (WAN1) on the 'physical connection' page is showing as 'TRAINING'. I just wonder whether, if I deactivate it, the 2860 will have less to worry about. All the best, Martyn

Regards, Martyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.