• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2017 14:05 #1 by willko
Hotspot/Social Wifi using APs was created by willko
Hi all,

So I've setup the hotspot feature with mulitple APs... Pretty easy:
Configure applied interfaces - set it to a subnet and tag SSIDs on AP for these and away you go.

I have a question about using the Facebook/Google login and any analytics that can be gathered..

Is the Draytek implementation of "Facebook Wifi" a standard one ( i.e. like meraki)
Can I collect data on users using this method of login...I'm guessing this is done on the Facebook side. ..?
Client would like to be able to contact users for marketing purposes.

Anyone have links to/info about how best to use any data that the social login method supplies?

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2017 12:28 #2 by danaberdeen
Replied by danaberdeen on topic Re: Hotspot/Social Wifi using APs
interested to know if you got anywhere with this?

I'm failing to setup the hotspot on a single access point could you flesh out the steps you took?

in the interface setup you can only give it a vlan, but the hotspot asks for a lan number.... think i'm failing to connect these two things together...

• jumpy07
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2018 17:22 #3 by jumpy07
Replied by jumpy07 on topic Re: Hotspot/Social Wifi using APs
I managed to get our AP900 setup for guest access with VLAN on LANB to Port 6 on our 2860, running DHCP on seperate subnet on port 6... can connect to wifi and get an IP.. all looks okay to that point.. setup social media login......

I get the login screen for Facebook.. and have configured the FB app login, but clicking on the login button does nothing.., kinda stuck with it as the guides bear no resemblance to the screen and options on the 2860..

• rcordwell
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Mar 2018 12:31 #4 by rcordwell
Replied by rcordwell on topic Re: Hotspot/Social Wifi using APs
I get the login screen for Facebook.. and have configured the FB app login, but clicking on the login button does nothing.., kinda stuck with it as the guides bear no resemblance to the screen and options on the 2860..

I have this exact problem too on a 2860, have you had any response from Draytek at all? All they suggested to me was update the firmware, which I did, but no joy