Vigor 130 IP address conflict?

• mickyluv
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jul 2017 11:45 #1 by mickyluv
Vigor 130 IP address conflict? was created by mickyluv
I don't know much about this stuff but I've been doing a bit of reading.

My Linksys router on initialisation would've set its IP address and DHCP range to 192.168.195.x.
But there was an IP conflict somewhere in the LAN due to a pre-existing fixed IP address.
So the router settled on a 10.191.195.x range.

I'm thinking it's the Vigor 130 modem IP address and DHCP address settings which are conflicting.
IP address: 192.1682.1
DHCP start address: 192.168.2.10
There are no other fixed IP addresses on the LAN currently.

What I want to do is give each of the 4 computers on the LAN a static IP address.
This conflicting situation seems to be making it more difficult than I remember it being in my old Belkin modem/router days.
Can anyone please advise on what changes might be made to get some compatibility between the modem and router?
That is, if this is in fact the root of the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickyluv
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Jul 2017 11:26 #2 by mickyluv
Replied by mickyluv on topic Re: Vigor 130 IP address conflict?
I turned off the DHCP server on the Vigor 130 as the DHCP range was dissimilar the the router DHCP range. From what I can gather so far, the settings should be made in the Linksys router rather than the modem (too simplistic?)

Internet access and speed is fine at this stage.

Flying by the seat of my pants, in the dark, I set the vigor 130 IP address to be inside the routers IP address range (10.191.x.x) but outside the routers DHCP server range.
I did this in the hope of making it easier to access the modem from the computer without having to add temporary network settings on the PC each time.

Internet access and speed is still fine at this stage.

But I can't now access the vigor 130 on its new router related IP address.
Looks like I'll have to Factory Reset the modem to access it.

I'm looking into making the Linksys routers IP address range compatible with the Vigor 130's original IP address range. So far, the router doesn't respond favourably.

Any advice on the matter would be gratefully accepted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.