• pixelateddad
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
20 Jul 2017 18:41 #1 by pixelateddad
Vigor 130 (No ipv6 options?) was created by pixelateddad
Hi

As per the subject. My Vigor 130 web interface does not have an ipv6 icon (I have a 2860 as well which has ipv6 options in the menu) looking at some screenshots on google of other users 130 they have the ipv6 menu? why does mine not have them? I bought this as a passthrough (bridge) modem in the UK, but i don't seem to have ipv6 options.

I know my line is ipv6 enabled as my 2860 will get one offered and a /56 ....

Not that i think this matters bu tmy ISP is BT Infinity FTTC, and I get online just fine with ipv4 on the 130 via PPOE but if i plug my laptop into the 130 and go to 192.168.2.1 the menu does not seem to have any ipv6 options? i have installed the latest firmware. (v130_3812BT)

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jul 2017 06:40 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 (No ipv6 options?)
The Vigor 130 UK version is compatible with IPv6.

I had no problem with IPv6 when I was with Zen Internet , simply plugged in, set IPv6 in the Asus router and that was it, all worked without issue.

I don't recall any change in the interface on the V130 to show IPv6 was in use.

The UK Vigor130 is a modem , the images you have seen on Google are for the continental version which is totally different and should be ignored , that model is a router and the interface shown reflects the more complex settings.

More
21 Jul 2017 21:21 #3 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 130 (No ipv6 options?)
Yes, as he said; in bridge mode, which is what the Vigor 130 is, IPv6 automatcially and happily is passed along with IPv4. You don't need to enable anything.

Forum Administrator