Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SMS alert service sending failed

• organicdan
  • Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2017 22:28 #1 by organicdan
SMS alert service sending failed was created by organicdan
Hi,

Brand new to this forum & to Draytek. I've got a Vigor 2860 & am setting up alerts for WAN up/down, VPN activity & temperature.

I went ahead & did what seems right using the SMS/Mail service objects with both a mail server and SMS from bulksms.co.uk (in the Draytek list). I set a few notification objects for the different events I wanted to monitor and combined them in the SMS/Mail Alert Service in Applications.

It took all of 5 minutes to get the email working but I've spent hours and hours and can't get the SMS working.

I've now read several versions of the same basic steps to set up the service and found they are seemingly what I did first time through.

The SysLog shows the event happening, for example the temperature limit has been exceeded. Shortly after the event I see:

"SMS send Failed"
I haven't managed to glean anything more detailed from the logs as of yet.

I've tried using BulkSMS.co.uk and textmarketer from the drop down menu and using the URL string & the ###variable### format. I use Clickatell for another device and have tried the string from that & it doesn't work either but I'm not surprised as Clickatell use an API key rather than username and password in their string.

Examples:

BulkSMS
I'm using this: https://www.bulksms.co.uk/eapi/submission/send_sms/2/2.0?username=###txtUser###&password=###txtPwd###&message=###txtMsg###&msisdn=###txtDest###

TextMarketer
https://api.textmarketer.co.uk/gateway/?username=###txtUser###&password=###txtPwd###&to=###txtDest###&message=###txtMsg###

I feel like I'm missing something simple but can't fathom what it is. Any help from seasoned forum members would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami