Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2860ac Port forwarding onto 4G USB Modem

• theappliancedepot
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Aug 2017 10:32 #1 by theappliancedepot
Draytek 2860ac Port forwarding onto 4G USB Modem was created by theappliancedepot
Hi everyone,

We have recently purchased a Vigor 2860ac router with intent to stream our CCTV cameras from a unit that has a very poor internet connection but a good 4g signal. We have bought a Hauwei e3372 USB modem and a EE data sim, this seems to work fine in the router and we can access the internet from devices connected to it. What we are struggling with is getting port forwarding to work and looking into it more it seems to be an issue with the e3372 modem not allowing port forwarding, there is documentation to flash the firmware of this device to allow it accept port forwarding but this doesn't seem to working for this device either. Also just to note i have contacted EE to make sure they do not block port forwarding in any way or have CGNAT in place so on, and they have assured me that they do not block port forwarding in any way and CGNAT is not being used.

So my question is does anyone know of a USB modem that works with the Vigor 2860ac and does allow port forwarding?

Yours hopefully

Tony Gillett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.